Friday, July 25, 2008

Will it ever be done?

I must admit that this is a question I had for many days these past few weeks. I have had to practice my patience A LOT. Even as I speak, I am sitting on my deck as a man is using a circular saw to cut wood maybe 3 feet from me. It's quite loud and dust is flying in my eyes. I've just been trying to not let it get to me, all this action going on, and not feeling like I have a home really. I think that I've been holding up pretty well all things considering, and now, four weeks later, I can see that end coming soon.
God has been testing my faith a whole bunch in various situations that I won't go into here. But just the fact that I can strengthen that faith through these experiences is a wonderful thing. I am counting my blessings, even though the "human" thing to do is harp on what I lack. So many verses have just been hitting me lately in a sporadic way. I'll just be sitting there and a verse will pop into my mind, and I am just amazed at how perfect God's word is.
I'm glad that the kitchen is coming together. I'm excited to cook again after this hiatus in a new kitchen! I'm thankful that I am blessed enough to have all this. Wow. I hope I use these blessings well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us in on your thoughts, Stacey. Sounds like you started typing while exhausted, then ended with seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

God is awesome about giving peace right when we're about to go mad, but decide to get it out prayerfully.

Gláucia Mir said...

I feel the same about the house. The waiting. It seems that it took so long, yet here we are, signing papers in the morning. I'm really looking forward to using the house as a blessing to other as well.

RQ said...

Hey girl! It's almost done!!! Can you believe it's August already?? I'm glad that God is helping you through this whole process... He's amazing, isn't He?
Love you!
RQ