Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer? What summer?

Really, what summer? Summer for teachers is a time to rest, to recharge and to relax. For me and Patrick this summer has been stressful and crazy! I have been confined to the four walls of the bedroom, which Patrick says is " our only sanctuary in this house" and I've been taking online post master's degree classes the past two weeks for both me and Patrick so we can get a raise to pay for these renovations! Besides that there are life stresses that are always prevalent and it goes on and on. I am so blessed though. I have a wonderful husband who accepts my nuttiness and I have a great home that looks beautiful now. I think that through all this I have learned to just let some things go. I realize there is so much I can't control, but I can control my attitude. I can be happy, as difficult as that may seem, I can try to remember my blessings and be thankful for everything I have. So I didn't spend the summer travelling as I would have liked, or spending it on my rump in front of the tv as I would have liked, but I still have this home, this great home, and a great husband who is my best friend in the world, who always encourages me and supports me through everything. This has been a summer of serious introspection and these same things keep going through my head and heart. I guess God's trying to get these basic messages through to me. So as I already think about going back to work in a couple of weeks and start getting ready for that, I'm thankful. I'm grateful. And I'm humbled.

2 comments:

Gláucia Mir said...

sometimes God makes us have quiet times, in order for us to think of stuff more clearly. I know it. It was way too quiet in Yosemite, but I grew up some for sure!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss a blog post from you? I guess I haven't been checking anyone's blogs these past couple of weeks.

I'm glad the renovations are finally done! Is all the furniture in it's place, yet?