Monday, August 11, 2008

Patience, my dear.....

Well it's almost done....the renovations finish tomorrow! Praise God for His abundance and mercy and grace. I don't think I could have made it without prayer. It was really a test of faith, getting the whole entire house taken over by these guys. But in the end it was all worth it. Our home is great, a real life representation of Patrick's vision. Notice how I said Patrick's vision. I'm not so good with that stuff, it just kind of gives me a headache. I enjoy it much more now, putting those details together, the "finishing touch" type of thing.
We went to bed bath and beyond yesterday after church. Bad place, bad place. I actually restrained myself but we got a lot of things we needed. Patrick got me a treat of a new set of Calphalon pots and pans...they're lovely! Yeah mainly kitchen stuff, which was really fun! So, we're going to have about a week or so to enjoy the house after we finish cleaning up before we head back to work. The best part of the next couple of weeks will be waking up whenever we want and leaving the house in the middle of the day...together! I have not thought one bit about work this whole summer. I don't feel one ounce of anxiety about going back to work or anything. It's a great feeling, and I am determined not to let anything get me down! Yippee!

3 comments:

Gláucia Mir said...

Cool. That's a great start to a new school year.
We will be in the city on saturday to pick up the fam from the airport. Maybe we can come by and see the place.

Anonymous said...

Yippee is right! Amen! Don't think about work, or you'll ruin the next couple of weeks. I think Willik ruined his whole summer last year worrying about First Grade.

RQ said...

Hey Stace!
Can't wait to see the "new" house--Patrick is so good with that stuff!
I'm glad you're not going crazy over work... neither am I. Although... I can't believe vacation is almost over!!!