Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home is where the heart is...

I am beginning to understand this phrase more and more with this renovation. Patrick and I have been pretty much confined to our bedroom for living, and I kind of feel displaced with the rest of the house. Although I see everything coming together, I just end up hiding in the bedroom most of the day while the workers are here. It is so exciting but also nerve racking at the same time. I think I'll be excited when it's all over and goes off without a hitch. I pray that neighbors aren't upset by all the banging and stuff, but most seem pretty supportive. I keep hearing stories of neighbors getting complaints, and building inspectors coming to their houses and stuff. This makes me nervous.
Satan is trying to steal my joy. He wants me to worry and not enjoy this process. He wants me not to thank God for this blessing and smooth sailing so far. He wants me to try to take matters into my own hands and not trust God. But Satan is going to lose. I have God on my side. I know that God is taking care of us, and He's made this all possible. Why wouldn't he honor our faithfulness? Satan, you're fighting a losing battle. I have the love of Jesus in my heart, and you can try all you want, but I'm not going to give into you! Even if things don't turn out exactly as I want them to, I'm going to keep on loving the Lord and I'm going to trust Him , knowing He knows what's best for me. How wonderful is that? I don't care what happens, because I am not afraid. Jesus suffered so much, and any pain I've had in my life is nothing compared to that. How silly we humans are, don't you think?
My home is wonderful, and it will look great, but it's not as wonderful as the love I have in my heart because of God. Now that's a place to call home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's right. Satan, I laugh at you - HA! God is way bigger. You're afraid of us praising Him, aren't you? You can't intimidate my sister, Stacey, here. No way! I'm backing her up with prayer, and so are many other believers.

RQ said...

Hey, thank God you're not letting him steal your joy--no way!! God is way too good to us to let that happen!! And like Fab said, we're praying for you--much power in that!!!
Love you guys!! RQ

Gláucia Mir said...

More prayer from here too!
It's awesome to be close enough to God to know when you're being attacked.
God is pleased, and he's got great things indeed!

Anonymous said...

Besides, being confined to the bedroom with your love can't be all that bad, right?

;)