Monday, July 7, 2008

Never a dull moment

Wow, it's been a while. I guess I've been too busy living my life to document it. It's been an eventful rollercoaster the past few months, with triumphs, and tragedies. I guess the thing I'm learning most is that God's in even the most small details. God's mercy and love is endless. Jesus is the only way to true happiness, strength and healing.
I'm glad the school year is over. I certainly was tested by God this year, with co-workers and with hardships and general stress. I wouldn't have chosen this as a way to make me stronger, but I guess God knew I could handle it, and He was always there whenever I felt like giving up.
We are working on our home this summer. It's been five years since we bought it, and we decided it was better to fix it up rather than move somewhere else. Our home is small but quaint and we have grown to love it. Dream home? No way. But it's what God gave us, so we're thankful.
Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. Patrick and I will be celebrating 7 years of marriage. I find it strange that it's been so long. I still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. I'm so thankful that Patrick is healthy, although I still worry about him. Once again, God's been in it all, making us a stronger couple, and stretching us farther than we ever thought we could go. But through it all, all the laughter and tears, all those highs and lows, we always remember that we're in it together.
There are many other things, things that are too much to write here. Those who know me, know about those things, and have prayed for me lots in the past couple of months. I appreciate those prayers. They continue to impact me, bringing me hope in times of despair and keeping me going on that path that God wants me on, even though I really don't want to be there.
God is everywhere. He's in the huge stuff, in the details, even in those dark, secret places where you think things are hidden. I love that I can count on my Savior to always be there, even when I think I can do it on my own.

3 comments:

Gláucia Mir said...

never dull indeed! I'm glad to be part of the journey as well!
I'll try to call tomorrow, but just in case I don't get to-- Happy Anniversary, and many, many more!!
You guys are a great couple!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogworld, Graffiti Beauty Queen! I'm praying for you, too. Why is it that tests come when we don't want them?? It's frustrating, but I guess it's what we need so we don't get too comfortable with this temporary existence.

RQ said...

Hey girl!!
It's so great to know that God is with us through it all... that's the best part of everything. He'll never let us down.
I'm glad you've survived 2 weeks of the house destruction/construction. Can't wait to see the finished product...